Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta has become the perfect summer go-to at our house and comes to you courtesy of Ms. Martha.
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound long fusilli, or linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. On rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with 5 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread into single layer; roast until zucchini is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Toss with remaining tablespoon oil; cover.
- Pour reserved pasta water onto baking sheet of cooked vegetables; scrape with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Stir vegetables and juices into pasta. Add parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine. Serve with more Parmesan.