Southwestern Chicken Panini
- 2 cups packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
- 2Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. minced canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 4 slices white or wheat sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- softened butter
- 2 oz. pepper Jack or Havarti cheese thinly sliced
- 30z. rotisserie chicken torn into large pieces
- Pulse cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt for the pesto in a food processor until minced; scrape down sides of bowl. With machine running, drizzle in oil until paste forms.
- Combine mayonnaise, chipotle,and sugar in a small bowl
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread;spread mayonnaise on the the other sides of two slices and 1 Tbsp. pesto on the other two slices. Top pesto with cheese, then the chicken; place the other two slices of bread on top, buttered sides up.
- Toast sandwiches on both sides.